If you’ve been keeping up with our blogs and Facebook you know what’s been happening in our lives – the short answer is that things revolve around Glen having been diagnosed with liver cancer in February of 2016. You can visit the blogs at:
|phoebesplace.wordpress.com||My long running personal blog|
|coffeesready.wordpress.com||This one is more about Glen|
The highlights of the year are more about what is happening rather than what did happen except for a few choice items –
- Jessi, Brandon and the kids (Eion and Emma) returned from their three year posting in Japan and, after a short visit with us, went to Holloman AFB in Alamogordo, NM.
- I am dogless and miss Sissy much as Jessi and family took her with them to New Mexico
- Glen moved to Assisted Living in June. We gave up his studio so I consolidated into a single studio when Glen moved
- Jenn took a trip to Kansas with friends. As she lives close she visits us frequently
Life is good! And it continues. My activities between visits with Glen include:
- Taking piano lessons – a new thing I’m enjoying a lot!
- Playing flute as often as possible and practicing whether I have something coming up or not which takes serious discipline.
- Knitting….LOTS of knitting! And a little crochet
- Quilting although not a lot at the moment because the Christmas tree is on the sewing cabinet making it really hard to open!
- Swimming and other exercises as I try to control my weight and keep my hands, knees, hips and legs/feet flexible
- Walks although not as much as when Sissy was here. I am on/off about the possibility of getting a dog
- Chair Volleyball! Wow! What fun! And surprisingly good exercise
- Four hours a week at St. Columba as church administrator
- Singing in Wesley Encores the mixed voice choir which started three months ago
- Various other activities at Wesley and St. Columba
I will post this to both blogs and Facebook as some friends only access Facebook or one of the blogs not necessarily all three and, of course, my non-internet friends get a hard copy!
Love, Christmas Blessings and hopes for a Joyous New Year!